Tuesday 1 August 2017, 12.00pm - Thursday 31 August 2017, 11.00pm
Auckland central restaurants
Prices vary – associated costs depend on the event you attend
Embrace the city centre’s diverse dining scene this Restaurant Month.
Restaurant Month returns to Auckland’s central city in August, offering over 25 exciting new events and 100 special menus at three special price points: $25, $40 and $55+.
Some of the city’s newest restaurants will be getting on board, providing a great excuse to tick these new openings off your ‘must visit’ list.
Whether you are keen to try something new, experience the international flavours and expertise of visiting chefs, or just make the most of a great offer from your favourite restaurant – there is something to suit all tastes and occasions.
Viv Beck, Heart of the City’s Chief Executive, says, "Restaurant Month is a true celebration of the central city’s diverse dining scene. This year’s event will play host to a number of international chefs and new events. It’s a great excuse to celebrate the world-class dining available right in the heart of Auckland city.”
Chef Dining Series
The Chef Dining Series returns each Wednesday of the month with international chefs, hailing from Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney, Malaysia and Queensland, teaming up with some well-known local talent, to deliver a unique dining experience.
- Broaden your culinary horizons with ‘meat-centric dude food’ brought to you by the chefs behind LA restaurant Animal.
- Celebrate the best of Maori fine dining at the top of the Sky Tower.
- Experience the skill and mastery of Tippling Club, one of Asia’s top 50 restaurants.
- Revel in our local produce with a dinner full of wild and foraged ingredients with Ben Devlin from Queensland’s Paper Daisy, alongside Euro’s Gareth Stewart.
- Enjoy a taste of China from the latest addition to the Federal Street precinct.
- For those who like to opt for something a little bit different, there is an appetizing line-up of new events this year.
- Put your detective skills to the test at Food to Die For at Pilkingtons.
- Celebrate the truffle season at The Grill by Sean Connolly.
- Enjoy a raw wholefood degustation breakfast at Giraffe with Megan May and Simon Gault.
With so many events to choose from, your taste buds will not be disappointed!
Street Eats, another annual Restaurant Month favourite and one of the biggest and busiest on the calendar, returns on Saturday 19 August.
It's a family-friendly affair with central city restaurants, food trucks and pop-up stalls serving up a myriad of international styles and flavours at Shed 10 on Queens Wharf.