Wednesday 23 May 2018, 10.00am - Monday 4 June 2018, 9.00pm
- Opening Night
- Dress Code: Contemporary Black Tie
- 6pm – Red Carpet Arrivals, a glass of bubbles
- 6.45pm – Gala Awards Ceremony
- 7.30pm – Film Screening
- 8.40pm – Q&A with His Excellency President Anote Tong and director Matthieu Rytz
- 9pm – Cocktail party at Citizen Q including canapés and cash bar
- Closing Night
- Dress Code: Festive
- 6.30pm – Film Screening
- 9pm – Festival wrap party at Citizen Q including music, canapés and cash bar
- Additional screenings on Monday 4 June, Queen's Birthday, will be announced during the festival
- Opening Night
Q Theatre, 305 Queen Street, Auckland CBD
- Full $18
- Concession (Students, Under 25s, Seniors (60+), Film Society & Industry Guild Members) $14
- 5-film pass $75 (available at the venue only)
- 10-film pass $140 (available at the venue only)
- Children (12 & under) free (one child per adult)
- Opening Night Red Carpet Event $75
- Closing Night Event $45
Q Theatre's box office at 305 Queen Street is open from 10am weekdays, and at least an hour before performances every day. Box office can get busy during performance times, so we recommend that you book online during these times
09 360 0329
The 13th Doc Edge, International Documentary Film Festival, returns this year with over 70 stunning films and a bevy of international filmmakers.
The festival features a diverse selection of films from all over the globe, covering everything from pop culture to politics to our very own Pacific.
The festival opens with Anote’s Ark, which takes an up-close and personal look at the crisis faced by the low-lying atoll nation of Kiribati. Director Matthieu Rytz and Kiribati's leader, His Excellency President Anote Tong, will attend the Opening Night.
The festival closes with Spielberg, in which Steven Spielberg gets directed by filmmaker Susan Lacy.
Highlights include award winners including Of Fathers and Sons (Sundance), The Other Side of Everything and The Long Season (both IDFA Amsterdam) and The People Republic of Desire (SXSW).
We are also very excited to hold the World Premiere of the Italian film Postcards From India – A Busker's Adventure, as well as showcasing other stunning films beginning their festival journey.
For more information and to keep up to speed with the 2018 season as more events are added, visit docedge.nz.