Saturday 17 November 2018, 1.00pm - Sunday 16 December 2018, 8.00pm
Stardome Observatory and Planetarium, 670 Manukau Road, One Tree Hill, Auckland
- Catch a regular planetarium show for only $6 (excludes Tuesday night shows and special events) when you bring along an item to donate to Auckland City Mission or SPCA Auckland
- Cash donations will also be accepted for both charitable organisations
09 624 1246
Follow the link on the Stardome Christmas Giveback page to book your tickets
We’re decking the halls, we’re putting up the mistletoe, we’re making a list (and checking it twice)! It’s that time of year…The Great Christmas Giveback!
This holiday season, Stardome is embracing the spirit of giving by giving back to our customers and two important, local charities.
Bring along an item to donate to Auckland City Mission or SPCA Auckland and you’ll get into a regular planetarium show for only $6.
All shows from 17 November to 16 December will be discounted with a donated item, per ticket, to one of these two well-known Auckland charities.
Cash donations will be accepted for both organisations.
Auckland City Mission
The Mission was established in 1920 and provides services and support to Aucklanders in desperate need.
In 2017, the City Mission distributed 15,879 emergency food parcels to families and individuals in desperate need. These food parcels fed 51,000 Aucklanders providing them with 615,000 meals.
A whopping 4,623 of the parcels were given out in December alone, which is one of the hardest times of the year for the people the Mission works with.
For over 130 years, SPCA Auckland has been providing a voice for animal welfare.
In the Auckland Animal Village in Mangere the SPCA care for between 16,000 and 18,000 animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured or abused. That’s a lot of hungry (cute!) mouths to feed.
Terms and Conditions
- The Giveback does not include Tuesday night shows and special events.
- Discount does not apply to online paid bookings. We cannot provide refunds. If you would like to donate an item, please call to book your discounted seats on 09 624 1246.
- All donated items should be non-expired, in good working order and clean.
Give us a call on 09 624 1246 if you plan on bringing a donated item and we will book you in.