Voting for the 2016 Auckland Council elections closes at noon on Saturday 8 October. Post your voting paper by 5 October to make sure it gets in on time, or bring it to one of our ballot boxes.
I haven’t got my voting paper, can I still vote?
Yes, you can still vote. You’ll have to enrol by 4pm on Friday 7 October (do this now), and register for a special vote.
How to request a special vote
- phone the electoral office on 09 950 7539 or 0800 922 822 between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday or 9am to 12pm Saturday and a special vote will be posted to you
- visit one of the special voting venues listed below or at the Show Your Love website.
You must also enrol or update your details on the Electoral Roll if you are:
- not on the Electoral Roll (just turned 18 years)
- on the Electoral Roll but at another address (recently moved house)
How to update your details on the Electoral Roll
You can easily update your details on the electoral roll by doing any of the following:
- visiting any NZ Post Shop
- phoning 0800 36 76 56
- going to elections.org.nz
- Freetexting 3676 with your name and address
You must be enrolled correctly on the Electoral Roll by 4pm Friday 7 October 2016 to cast a special vote.
You can cast a special vote until the close of voting (noon Saturday 8 October 2016) by calling the electoral office or visiting one of the following council offices or libraries.