Heading off to the beach with your favourite four-legged pal? Grab a bag and fill it with these essentials.
- Water and a bowl (and if your dog is prone to getting sand in their muzzle and eyes, bring extra water for washing their face)
- Leash – a retractable leash lets them wander further while remaining under your control
- Old towels or a blanket for them to sit on on the hot sand and in the car on the drive home
- Dog-friendly sunscreen (not zinc, which is toxic to dogs)
- Bags for cleaning up after your dog
- Frisbees and toys that float are good choices for the beach (tennis balls are popular but get pretty sandy when wet)
- Dog treats – keep them in your pocket to help your dog obey commands and come back to you easily.
Having these things easily to hand will ensure both you and your dog have the best time.