We’ve listened to what you have to say about our websites – more than 10,000 people gave us feedback on the issue.
New features will include:
- mobile-friendly functionality
- easier navigation, helping you find what you need quickly
- better access for people who are using aids such as screen readers or dictation software.
New features will be made possible to roll out in the future:
- You'll be able to have a single account with us, which you'll be able to set up for the services you use most often.
- You will be able to do more online, for example booking building inspections.
- You'll be able to use Consenting Made Easy – a new online tool for building consents.
- There will be an online booking system for venues and community facilities.
How much will it cost?
The council has allocated $5.75 million to complete the design, build and testing of both websites.
The council has built on the existing in-house capability of our staff so we can continue to develop and maintain these new websites internally, reducing our reliance on external vendors.
- The Auckland Council website currently receives about 8 million unique page views a year with an average of around 22,000 unique page visits a day.
- This compares to over 2 million calls a year to the call centre and 275,000 visits to customer service centres.
- The Auckland Libraries website receives around 7 million unique page views a year.
- About 75 per cent of our customers want to interact with us online, with this number expected to grow.
A beta version of the new Auckland Council website will be made available in May. It will be gradually updated throughout the year, and the old website will be retired in October.
A new version of the Libraries website will arrive in September.