Did you know that Ōtara and its surrounding area is full of great things to do? There are adventures for all ages from parks and playgrounds, to pools, leisure centres and libraries, all run or looked after by Auckland Council.
Have you thought about…
- Visiting Ōtara Library to discover What Lies Beneath or to make optical illusions and animation projects. Go to aucklandlibraries.co.nz to find out what activities are on at your local library.
- Taking the stage at SUPA youth singing, dancing and theatre workshops at the Ōtara Music and Arts Centre.
- Getting crafty with the whanau at Fresh Gallery Ōtara’s arts and crafts sessions.
- Exercising your pooch on the dog agility equipment at the Ōtara Creek Reserve
- Working on your fitness at the Ōtara Pool and Leisure Centre. There are activities for the whole whānau, including fitness classes and indoor and outdoor pools!
- Having a splash at the Papatoetoe Centennial Pool. There’s also an indoor splash pool perfect for toddlers.
- Getting outdoors on the Ōtara walkway where you can discover the local wildlife. Forming a green corridor through the mangroves, the walkway links the Ōtara town centre with Hillary College, Ngati Ōtara Park and Ōtara Lake.
These are just some of the many services and facilities that Auckland Council and your local board support in your area.
School holiday events
See a full list of fun school holiday events in Auckland.