Did you know that Ōtara and its surrounding area is full of great things to do? There are adventures for all ages from parks and playgrounds, to pools, leisure centres and libraries, all run or looked after by Auckland Council.
Have you thought about…
- Visiting your local library to pick up a new book, relax with story time or get the kids moving at Wriggle and Rhyme. Visit Auckland libraries to find out what activities are on at your local library.
- Discovering a new treasure at the Ōtara Flea Markets on Watford and Newbury streets every Saturday morning. Sample local produce, look at homemade crafts and dig through the white elephant sales!
- Bringing music to life at the Ōtara Music and Arts Centre. Explore your hidden musical talents at a free beat-making session.
- Working on your fitness at the Ōtara Pool and Leisure Centre. There are activities for the whole whānau, including fitness classes and indoor and outdoor pools!
- Having a splash at the Papatoetoe Centennial Pool. There’s also an indoor splash pool perfect for toddlers.
- Getting outdoors on the Ōtara walkway where you can enjoy local wildlife. Forming a green corridor through the mangroves, the walkway links the Ōtara town centre with Hillary College, Ngati Ōtara Park and Ōtara Lake.
These are just some of the many services and facilities that Auckland Council and your local board support in your area.
School holiday events
See a full list of fun school holiday events in Auckland.