Māori collections are held at the majority of libraries across Tāmaki Makaurau. They include both current and heritage materials.
- George Grey New Zealand Māori manuscripts and letters
- other New Zealand manuscripts, like an 1840 copy of the Treaty of Waitangi
- Māori Land Court minute books 1865-1975
- Waitangi Tribunal reports
- Māori newspapers 1842-present
- Māori photographs, tribal histories, maps, whakapapa and whānau reunion books
- Māori Births and Deaths Index to 1961, Māori Marriages Index 1952 and Māori Elector's Roll 1909 and 1918