Matakana residents, now is the time to have your say on the future use of Jubilee Park.
The 3.8ha park is currently home to the pony club and tennis club. Last year the Rodney Local Board commissioned a recreation needs assessment for Matakana.
Rodney Local Board Chair Beth Houlbrooke says that the next step is consulting with the wider community.
“We are looking for feedback on options that have been identified as possibilities for the future use of Jubilee Park and also any further feedback that residents have about the park,” she says.
Options for future use of Matakana Jubilee Park are:
- No change to status quo
- Space is shared with pony club and other park users
- Community use without the pony club.
Ways to have your say
- Drop-in on Monday 9 April 2018 between 2.15pm-3.15pm at Matakana School, 952 Matakana Rd, Matakana or
- Drop-in on Saturday 14 April 2018 any time between 8am-11am at Matakana Village Farmers Market, 2 Matakana Valley Road, Matakana.
- Read the concept plans and give feedback online at shapeauckland.co.nz
The consultation runs until Sunday, 6 May 2018.