Following a by-election, Maria Meredith has been elected as a local board member representing the Tāmaki sub-division on the Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board of Auckland Council.
Electoral Officer Dale Ofsoske announced the voting results as:
- Maria Meredith (Labour), 2566 votes
- Todd Morah, 1220 votes
- Leanne Cross (Independent), 748 votes
- Hainoame Tutama Fulivai (Independent), 597 votes
- Patrick O’Meara, 313 votes
- Thomas Rawiri, 254 votes
- Annalucia Vermunt (Communist League), 106 votes
The Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board Tāmaki sub-division area encompasses Glen Innes, Point England, Tamaki and Panmure. The by-election followed the election of Josephine Bartley to the Maungakiekie-Tamaki Ward.
Of the 30,423 electors who were issued a voting document, 5,835 (19%) voted.
Ms Meredith will be sworn in at the next Maungakiekie-Tāmaki local board meeting on Tuesday 26 June.