Murray Kay, Franklin Local Board member for the Pukekohe subdivision, tells OurAuckland what he loves about the area.
1. Where do you go to feel inspired?
I feel most inspired at Karioitahi Beach on our west coast. Here we have the extremes of Mother Nature, with magnificent sunsets in summer and the surf pounding on the beach in winter.
2. What do you love about Franklin?
The vibrancy and diversity of Franklin’s people, our urban towns and the openness of our rural vistas. We have it all.
3. Where do you go for a night out?
The movies and a meal at one of Pukekohe’s many ethnic restaurants.
4. Where do you take visitors from out of town?
Waitangi Falls, Karioitahi Beach, Āwhitu Peninsula for the beaches and lighthouse, Pukekohe Hill and Cape Hill.
5. What’s your favourite place to eat fish-n-chips?
At Cape Hill Lookout overlooking Pukekohe.
6. What’s your favourite council facility in the area?
Franklin: The Centre, serving our community.
7. What's your favourite place to go for a walk/tramp in your subdivision?
Around Pukekohe, taking in the views and growth of Pukekohe.
8. What's the best thing about being on the local board?
Improving the wellbeing of Franklin and its people.