Saturday 21 December 2019, 10.30am - Sunday 3 May 2020, 3.00pm
Various session times daily, please check website below
Auckland War Memorial Museum, Auckland Domain, Parnell, Auckland
- Adult $14
- Child $10
- Concession (with valid form of ID) $12
- Family pass (2 adults & 2 children) $44
Few are fortunate enough to travel to Antarctica.
Even fewer experience what it is like to live there.
That's all about to change.
Transport yourself to a world of ice and snow through the wonder of virtual reality, and explore a day in the life of Australian Antarctic scientists as they research this mysterious continent.
With 360-degree camera control and stunning 4K, high-resolution vision, you'll see first-hand the work that goes into understanding climate change, managing ecosystems, researching sustainability, and conserving wildlife.
Along the way you'll:
- Explore Antarctica from a helicopter cockpit, even landing on glaciers.
- Discover the resident penguin colony and see the new chicks.
- Explore Davis Station and logistics that go into surviving the harsh Antarctic conditions.
- View the spectacular Southern Lights in high definition.
Opens 21 December 2019 for a limited time only.