Tuesday 1 September 2020, 12.00am - Wednesday 30 September 2020, 11.59pm
Kaipātiki Local Board area, Auckland
Pest Free Kaipātiki
The number of native birds in our neighbourhood is generally a good indicator of the health of the forest.
During September, we would like your help to monitor bird life in the Kaipātiki Local Board area.
Get involved by:
- Learn to identify birds.
- Select a location or a number of locations.
- Use the Google Maps function on a smartphone to guide you to the correct location.
- Create a new bird count location on google maps.
- Tell someone you are heading out.
- Pack: printed copy of the PFK bird count sheet (one page for each 5MBC), pencil and clipboard, binoculars if you have them, a watch or timer, identification guides if necessary, your mobile phone for navigation, a pair of cleaned shoes (scrubbed so no visible dirt remains) to put on BEFORE entering the forest to prevent the spread of kauri dieback.
- Start monitoring
- When you are finished, share the results with us. Simply scan or take a clear photo of your bird count form, and send to email@example.com.
Please head to our website for more details on each step above.
Download the bird count sheet here.