Saturday 17 April 2021, 9.00am - Saturday 15 May 2021, 4.00pm
Region wide, Auckland
Some workshops held online
Join one of these courses teaching an introduction to the basics of composting - including bokashi composting, worm farming and cold composting.
Confirmed participants to workshops and courses will receive a $40 discount toward the purchase of a composting system that can be redeemed online.
These courses are proudly supported by Auckland Council and delivered by the Compost Collective.
Upcoming courses and workshops
Click the link to book your place and for more information on each course.
- Composting Workshop Waiheke – Sat 17 Apr, 9am-12pm | Waiheke Sustainability Centre, Mako St, Oneroa, Waiheke Island | FREE – This course offers an introduction to composting basics – bokashi, worm farming and cold composting.
- Composting Workshop Helensville – Sat 17 Apr, 10am-12pm | Helensville War Memorial Hall, 2 Porter Cres, Helensville | FREE – This course offers an introduction to composting basics – bokashi, worm farming and cold composting.
- Sheet Mulch Workshop Silverdale – Sat 17 Apr, 2pm-4pm | Stoney Homestead Community Gardens, 12 Galbraith Greens, Silverdale | FREE – This workshop is a hands-on workshop using the principles of compost layering where we can build up a tired garden or create a new one.
- Composting Workshop Mangere – Wed 21 Apr, 10.30am-11.30am | Mangere Mountain Education Centre, 100 Coronation Road, Mangere Bridge | FREE – This course offers an introduction to composting with bokashi buckets.
- Kids Composting Workshop Waiheke – Wed 21 Apr, 2pm-3.30pm | Waiheke Community Library, 133/131 Oceanview Road, Oneroa, Waiheke Island | FREE – This “Grossology” course is aimed at children and offers an introduction to the three basic composting systems that can be used in the home and garden: traditional composting bins, worm farms and bokashi buckets.
- Mini Worm Farm Workshops Waiuku - Thu 22 Apr, 10.30am-12pm | Waiuku Library, Civic Centre, 10 King Street, Waiuku | FREE – These mini-workshops will be facilitated by Jennifer and offer an introduction to worm farming.
- Composting Workshop Wiri – Sat 24 Apr, 10am-12pm | Wiri Community Hall, 11 Inverell Avenue, Wiri | FREE – This course offers an introduction to composting with bokashi buckets.
- Mini Worm Farm DIY for Children Pukekohe – Sat 24 Apr, 10am-3pm | Samuel Miller Reserve, 42-54 Nelson St (corner of John St), Pukekohe | FREE – Jennifer will help the children make mini worm farms to take home and the whole family can learn about composting, bokashi and worm farming during Franklin Children’s Day.
- Compost Info Stand Henderson – Sun 25 Apr, 10am-4pm | Vegan Food Festival, Corbans Estate, 2 Mount Lebanon Ln, Henderson | FREE – Four mini composting workshops through the day. Come and discover how easy it is! Please note: There is an entry fee for the show.
- Worm Talk for Kids and Parents Northcote – Wed 28 Apr, 2.30pm-3.30pm | Northcote Library, 2 Earnie Mays Street, Northcote | FREE – This hands-on Worm Talk offers an introduction to worm biology and how to compost with worm farms.
- Mini Compost Workshops Waiuku – Sun 2 May, 10am-2pm | Waiuku Town Centre (Steel ‘n’ Wheels Waiuku) 2 Queen Street, Waiuku Town Centre, Waiuku | FREE – Jennifer will host mini compost workshops starting on the half-hour from first starting at 10am, last starting at 1.30pm.
- Composting Course Glenbrook Beach – Sat 8 May, 2.30pm-3.30pm | Glenbrook Beach Community Hall, 75 McLarin Road, Glenbrook Beach | FREE – This course offers an introduction to composting basics – bokashi, worm farming and cold composting.
- Composting Workshop Whangaparaoa – Sat 15 May, 2pm-4pm | Agora Connections Trust, 5 Link Crescent, Arkles Bay, Whangaparaoa | FREE - This course offers an introduction to composting basics – bokashi, worm farming and cold composting.