Saturday 5 June 2021, 9.00am - Thursday 15 July 2021, 7.00pm
- 5-16 June: Pt Chev Library, 1221 Great North Road, Point Chevalier – Opening hours: Mon-Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 9am-4pm, Sun closed
- 19-30 June: Epsom Library, 195 Manukau Road, Epsom – Opening hours: Mon-Thu 9.30am-6pm, Fri 9.30am-5.30pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sun 12pm-4pm
- 5-15 July: Mt Albert Library, 84 Saint Lukes Road, Mount Albert – Opening hours: Mon-Wed 9am-6pm, Thu 9am-7pm, Fri 9am-6pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sun 12pm-4pm
Brought to you by the creators of The Enchanted Walk Auckland - Rohan Sauvage of Threadworks Ltd and Lyn-Marie Harris of Dizzie Pixie Designs - the Bloom Effect is a free art installation designed to encourage our community to gently participate and connect in a creative manner.
You are invited to express your wishes, fears, hopes and dreams using the supplied pencils and beautiful coloured paper which you then exchange for one of the hundreds of white envelopes located on our large freestanding 3D plywood tree.
These white envelopes contain native wildflower seeds along with care instructions and messages of hope and positivity for you to take home, plant and enjoy.
As the tree graduates from monochrome to multicoloured it creates the Bloom Effect visually indicating to participants that they are not alone.
On completion of the project the paper is sustainable composted and then used to plant wildflower garden to further benefit bees, birds and butterflies.
You can participate in the bloom project across these dates and venues:
- Pt Chev Library: 5-16 June
- Epsom Library: 19-30 June
- Mt Albert Library: 5-15 July