Keep New Zealand Beautiful Clean Up Week runs from 11 to 17 September. It's the largest litter clean-up in the country and a timely reminder for us to do our bit to keep Auckland beautiful.
6 ways to keep litter off our streets, beaches, parks and waterways and everywhere in between
- Going for a picnic at one of our beautiful regional parks? Remember: if you pack it in, you have to pack it out, as all of Auckland’s regional parks are rubbish free.
- Pick up your dog's poo and put it in a waste bin – it’s a fineable offence not to.
- Cigarette butts top the list of almost every litter count in Auckland, so make sure you carry your cigarette butts until you can dispose of them in a bin.
- Make sure the lid to your rubbish bin is secure so litter doesn’t blow free when emptied or if overfilled.
- If you see litter, be a tidy Kiwi and pick it up. And why not challenge yourself to pick up two pieces of litter each week? That’s 104 bits of litter a year.
- Get involved in community clean-up events – keep an eye on OurAuckland for upcoming events.
Sign up to OurAuckland e-news to get the best news and events from around the region delivered to your inbox weekly.