If it feels like the sun is out in full force and you want to keep excessive sweat at bay, here are a few places where you can beat the heat this summer.
Splash pads are the place to be on a hot day. They provide hours of fun and safe water play for the whole family.
Check out the ANZ splash pads at the Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre and Lloyd Elsmore Park Pool and Leisure Centre, or make your way through this list over the summer.
Playgrounds with splash pads or water play features
- Potters Park, Balmoral (operational September – May)
- Myers Park, Auckland Central (operational September – May)
- Waterview Reserve, Waterview (operational September – May)
- Wainoni Park North, Greenhithe (operational for the summer period)
Pools and leisure centres with splash pads or water play features
- Tōia (Ōtāhuhu Recreation Centre)
- Moana-Nui-ā-Kiwa Pool and Leisure Centre, Māngere
- Albany Stadium Pool
- Lagoon Pool and Leisure Centre, Panmure
- Parnell Baths
- West Wave Pool and Leisure Centre, Henderson
- Manurewa Pool and Leisure Centre
- Franklin Pool and Leisure Centre
- Mt Albert Aquatic Centre
- Papakura Pool and Leisure Centre
- Lloyd Elsmore Park Pool and Leisure Centre, Pakuranga
- Stanmore Bay Pool and Leisure Centre
Let’s go to the beach
Auckland is surrounded by beautiful beaches. There are golden, sandy beaches in the north, beaches close to the city, island beaches and black-sand surf beaches on the west coast.
Ōtāhuhu Pool and Leisure Centre
Ideal for water bombing. End of story.
Nature’s air conditioners
Head down to your local park or venture further afield to one of Auckland’s regional parks. Trees around the park will give you refuge on a hot summer's day. They provide shade and help cool the air. Visit the Auckland Council website to find your next park.