Now is the time to have your say on planning the future of Whangaparāoa Town Centre.
Hibiscus and Bays Local Board Chair Julia Parfitt says the local board would like to hear the community’s views on how they see Whangaparāoa’s largest town centre changing and developing.
“This plan aims to support and stimulate growth in and around the town centre to create a vibrant place that everyone can access.
“Some businesses have moved away recently which confirms how important it is to have a plan that enables the centre to grow and develop.
“A big thank you to the community group Future Whangaparaoa for their assistance which has been invaluable in getting the plan to this stage.
“Now we are keen to hear what people think, including what they like, what they don’t like and what opportunities there are,” she says.
Five key proposals
- Create a gateway to the town centre to bring about ‘a sense of arrival’.
- Redevelop the library’s outdoor space in partnership with Future Whangaparaoa and the council. The makeover will increase the area’s use and make it an attractive fit with the Coast Plaza square opposite.
- Support a range of housing styles so people can live in and close to the town centre
- Deliver Penlink and improve public transport connections including frequency of services
- Establish a business network/association and appoint or share a town centre manager to promote local business and events
How to have your say
Coast Plaza - 719 Whangaparāoa Road, Whangaparāoa
- Drop in Thursday 22 February any time between 9am-12pm and 3-6pm and Saturday 10 March between 11am-2pm.
- View a static display of the draft plan with feedback forms from
22 to 25 February.
Whangaparāoa Library – 9 Main Street, Stanmore Bay
- View a static display of the draft plan with feedback forms from 26 February to 26 March.
Read the draft plan and give feedback at shapeauckland.co.nz
The consultation period runs until Monday, 26 March 2018.