Looking for an unforgettable park getaway? Auckland Council has just the thing with the launch of its new Eco Structures at Ōrewa Beach Holiday Park, Martins Bay Holiday Park and Wenderholm Regional Park.
The Eco Structures offer a superior glamping experience in beautiful local and regional park locations. The large, framed tents are an additional accommodation offering to the council’s existing 100+ holiday places across the region, including baches, campgrounds, Lotus Belle glamping tents, lodges and the Waiheke Backpackers Hostel.
“Auckland Council introduced glamping last year to provide a more accessible and luxurious option for camping. This month, we’ve extended our glamping portfolio to include Eco Structures, which are another first for the council and give holidaymakers a high-end camping experience in some of Auckland’s amazing park and beachside settings,” says Councillor Penny Hulse, chair of Auckland Council’s Environment and Community Committee.
There are currently two Eco Structures at Ōrewa Beach and one at both Martins Bay and Wenderholm that are available to book.
Auckland Council Manager of Holiday Places Thomas Patterson says there is a long-term plan to increase the council’s glamping offerings across Auckland regional parks. This may include more Eco Structures based on the success and suitability of sites.
“Eco Structures add another dimension to our holiday places portfolio and provide an all year round, hassle-free camping experience for Aucklanders and visitors to the region. The Eco Structures offer a whole new level of comfort and can withstand most weather conditions.
“This is the first time the Eco Structures have been installed in Auckland, but we know that there is a high demand for glamping and the Eco Structures have been successful overseas. We’re excited to see how the Eco Structures are received by our visitors,” he says.
What’s in an Eco Structure?
The Eco Structures are designed to work in harmony with the environment. The 4.2m deluxe tents are elevated on a platform and furnished with:
- a luxurious queen-size bed plus bunk set of two single beds in the side room
- all linen and bedding
- lighting, table, chairs, outdoor deck furniture and other furnishings (furnishings may differ slightly between sites)
- all crockery, utensils and cookware
- barbecues with side burners for Wenderholm and full cooking kitchen facilities at holiday parks
- nearby toilet facilities
- nearby fresh water supply
- Ōrewa Beach and Martins Bay glamping tents have power, a refrigerator and access to all other holiday park amenities. Wenderholm tents have solar power and a chilly bin for cool storage.
- Ōrewa Beach Holiday Park: book online
- Martins Bay Holiday Park: book online
- Wenderholm Regional Park: book online
Visit the Auckland Council holiday places webpage for further information.