Auckland Council’s glamping tents are back! Get together and enjoy a hassle-free, comfortable Kiwi camping experience in one of our amazing locations.
Furnished canvas Lotus Belle tents are now available for booking at the Ōrewa Beach Holiday Park, Martins Bay Holiday Park and Wenderholm Regional Park.
“Glamping was a first for Auckland Council last summer and we’re really pleased with how the new accommodation offering was received by holidaymakers,” says Auckland Council Environment and Community Committee Chair Penny Hulse.
“Glamping is ideal for first-time campers and people wanting an easy holiday in some of Auckland’s most beautiful locations. It offers the excitement of camping with the luxury of modern conveniences.”
Auckland Council Manager of Holiday Places Thomas Patterson says as the glamping pilot last season was popular, the number of tents and furnishings have increased.
“There are currently two tents at Ōrewa Beach, four at Martins Bay and six at Wenderholm that are available for booking. From February, there will also be a year-round EcoStructure glamping offering, which will provide even more comfort and space to enjoy the glamping experience.
“The ‘glampsites’ have been chosen to take in the stunning locations with plenty of recreational opportunities for people to get out and about in our parks, or to just relax,” he says.
What’s in a glamping tent?
No longer do you have to battle with guy ropes or lost pegs or struggle with putting up and packing away the tent – it’s all done for you. The glamping tents are furnished with:
- a luxurious queen-size bed plus single beds, if needed, to accommodate up to two more people (additional single beds are not available in the two-person tents)
- all linen and bedding
- table and chairs
- pantry with all crockery, utensils and cookware
- barbecues for Wenderholm and cooking facilities at holiday parks
- nearby toilet facilities
- fresh water supply
- Ōrewa Beach and Martins Bay glamping tents have power, a refrigerator and access to all other holiday park amenities. Wenderholm tents have a chilly bin.
- Ōrewa Beach Holiday Park: phone 0800 673 921 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Martins Bay Holiday Park: phone 0800 624 7275 or email email@example.com
- Wenderholm Regional Park: phone 09 366 2000, option 1
The tents will be available for bookings as long as weather permits. Keep an eye on the Auckland Council glamping webpage for updates.
Other places you can stay
Auckland Council has a range of holiday places across the region, including:
- campgrounds at regional parks
- three holiday parks
- baches, lodges and tramping huts
- 22 self-contained parking areas
- Waiheke Backpackers Hostel
- additional holiday places sites leased through Panuku.
Visit the Auckland Council holiday places webpage for more information.