Have fun this lockdown with your ‘bubble’ by playing the free #WeGotThisNZ Lockdown Challenge on the GooseChase app.
There are nearly 80 family-friendly virtual missions to complete, guaranteed to keep kids (young and old) active and occupied while at home, and four new missions released every day!
Auckland Council’s Activation Team Manager Peter Caccioppoli says, “New missions are added daily to the #WeGotThisNZ Challenge to help encourage our young people and their whānau to stay active and have fun during the lockdown. We already have more than 500 teams playing, who have completed more than 5800 missions and counting.”
It’s easy as to get started:
- Search for and download the free GooseChase app in the app store (Android and iOS)
- Open the app and either play as a guest or sign up for a new account
- Join the game by searching for ‘WeGotThisNZLockdown Challenge’ or the code EZLV3L. Either go solo, join as a family team or with flatmates (must play with your same household)
- After joining you will be taken straight to the mission list, so get playing!
You can also share your snaps with the rest of New Zealand through the live GooseChase app feed for your chance to win spot prizes.
#WeGotThis Challenge goes local
There are now localised versions of the #WeGotThis Challenge in 12 local boards across Auckland.
The local board-specific games include plenty of challenges to tackle at home, while on your daily walk, or during visits to the local park, paths, trails and beaches.
Participating local boards are:
- North: Hibiscus & Bays, Upper Harbour, Devonport-Takapuna
- Central/West: Henderson-Massey, Waitemata, Albert-Eden, Puketapapa
- East: Howick
- South: Franklin, Papakura, Manurewa, Mangere-Otahuhu
All of the challenges follow the COVID-19 Alert Level 3 rules. Playgrounds and facilities remain closed, and you must stay 2m away from people who aren’t in your bubble while you’re out and about.
Download the free GooseChase app and search #WeGotThis [board name] to join in the fun!