Father Christmas can pencil in the dates for parades at Waiuku and Clevedon after the Franklin Local Board supported organisers using its latest round of grants funding.
The board also got into the roofing game, making grants to the Waiuku Bowling Club and the Buckland Community Centre towards new roofs for club facilities.
Two popular annual events in the area, Pohutukawa Coast Rotary’s Coast Fun Run and Waiuku Lions' Sand to Mud event, both also received funding.
- Pohutukawa Coast Rotary, $4500 for Coastal Fun Run traffic management
- Pukekohe Performing Arts, $4255 for Moana Junior stage rights
- Business and Professional Women Franklin, $1220 International Women’s Day school tickets and awards
- Maraetai Sailing Club, $3200 security costs for the junior dinghy nationals
- Manukau Heads Lighthouse Trust, $2800 for website design
- Clevedon Community and Business Assoc, $2145 traffic management Christmas parade
- Dance Therapy NZ, $700 Arts 4 Us and STARS Waiuku venue hire
- Waiuku Lions, $ 1502, various Sand to Mud event costs
- Waiuku Bowling Club, $5000 towards reroofing
- Life Education Counties Manukau, $2000 school health programme
- Buckland Community Centre, $5000 towards reroofing
- Waiuku Toy Library, $1764 for new outdoor toys for hire
- Youthline, $2000 to train volunteer counsellors
- Kokako Lodge Trust, $3081 towards new safety equipment
- YMCA North, $5000 towards water safety project staff training
- Waiuku Business Assoc, $3848 traffic management for Christmas event.
- Shiloh Creative Life Centre, $1600 venue hire for Art Collective project at Ardmore.
The board also made a $4000 multi-board grant to the Auckland King Tides project, dependent on Franklin locations being used and other funding.
And the Takutai Charitable Trust received $2680 for traffic management costs for the Pohutukawa Coast Christmas Parade, and the Ararimu Residents Association $4000 for hall insulation. Both were deferred from round one Quick Response grants.