Get your summer sorted right here in Auckland with heaps of fun family activities across the region.
From splashpads with the kids to hikes through the bush and great days out at our museums and galleries, there's something for everyone in Tāmaki Makaurau this summer.
What's on this summer
From free concerts and film screenings to America's Cup racing, local markets, exhibitions, festivals and more, there's something for everyone happening in Auckland this summer.
Take a look at just some of the options below:
- Music in Parks
- Movies in Parks
- Take a look at all of our market events here
- The 36th America's Cup Match
Playgrounds, parks and beaches
Enjoy a day out with your family at one of Auckland's fantastic parks or beaches or head to one of our playgrounds or walkways.
- Five sheltered beaches for little ones
- Explore Auckland's summer gems
- Where the wild things are - great Auckland playgrounds
- Cycle and skate your way into summer
Auckland’s 55 libraries have curated their Top 100 list of titles into ten tempting categories, especially for summer 2021, drawn from our librarians’ knowledge, published reviews and the region’s most popular books, eBooks and eAudiobooks.
Great days out
While you're exploring the city, keep an eye out for our fantastic public art collection. Visit the Auckland Public Art / He Kohinga Toi website to browse the region's art.
Get active for free
From splashpads to walkways, runs to bush hikes, there are plenty of ways to get active without spending any money.
Take a look at some of our great suggestions:
- Get active for free this summer
- Discover amazing wildlife, art exhibitions and uncover the past on great days out this summer
- Half-day hikes around Tāmaki Makaurau
There's so much to do in Auckland this summer. Explore OurAuckland to discover events, walks, festivals and fun near you and get your summer sorted.