Upper Harbour Local Board is pleased to announce the establishment of Volunteer Recognition Awards for the Upper Harbour Local Board area.
Local Board Chair, Margaret Miles, says they aim to recognise and reward volunteers in a variety of important areas and roles.
“We have some fantastic people volunteering their time to achieve great things across Upper Harbour, and we want to recognise and thank them for their efforts - efforts that make a huge difference in the lives of others,” says Miles.
“We are calling on our people to nominate others for their selfless work. It could be an individual, or a group, working in areas (but not limited to) heritage, arts and culture, sports and recreation, education and health, the environment or social services within our local board area.”
There are 5 award categories, including:
- Individual Award: recognition for individuals
- Children and Young People Award: recognising people under 24 years of age
- Community Group Award: recognising not-for-profit organisations
- Environment Award: recognising individuals or groups whose work has enhanced our natural environment
- COVID-19 Hero award: recognising individuals or groups who have made contributions during the COVID-19 lockdown and recovery period
Nominations and applications open 11 January 2021, and close 28 February 2021.
Click here to nominate an individual, or a group for their selfless work in our community, and complete our simple online nomination form.