Join us for a weekend of FREE Family History Fun!
No booking required - all welcome.
Take advantage of our free seminars, from beginner to advanced, computer-based tutorials, ask-an-expert sessions and research assistance on Saturday 14 August and Sunday 15 August.
Due to COVID-19, our international guest speakers will be joining us virtually via Zoom. Awesome local speakers are joining us in person.
*Three free streams of seminars - no booking required.
*Each seminar room will be emptied out after each presentation, no reserving seats.
*Computer-based tutorials - bookings available on the day from the information desk.
*Raffles from our sponsors and exhibitors: Sold at Information Desk and by roaming volunteers. Prizes: Subscriptions to genealogy websites, DNA kits, membership subscriptions . . . just to name a few. Eftpos available. Prizes collected at Information Desk.
Note non-travel bubble speakers will appear via the internet.
- Dr Julia Laite (UK and Newfoundland)
- Dr Leah Larkin (US)
- Michelle Leonard (Scotland)
- Emma and Graham Maxwell (Scotland)
- Cassie Gilmartin (Australia)
- Jason Reeve, AncestryAU - platinum sponsor (Australia)
- Mark Bayley, TheGenealogist (UK)
- Michael Higgins, FamilySearch (Pacific and New Zealand)
- Myko Clelland, Findmypast (UK)
- Bradley Greer, FamilyTree Maker representative
- Elena Fowler, MyHeritage and Legacy FamilyTree representative
- Fiona Brooker, Memories in Time and Talking Family History
- Leilani Schmidt, Pacific Island researcher
- Jan Gow, Hooked on Genealogy
- Liam Appleton, Research Central, Auckland Libraries
- Marie Hickey, Research Central, Auckland Libraries
- Mary Shadbolt, Chairperson of the New Zealand Society of Genealogists
- Michelle Patient, aka "the patientgenie" and Talking Family History
• Alexander Turnbull/National Library of New Zealand/Papers Past • Ancestry • ArchivesNZ • Auckland Libraries • Beehive Books / Hooked on Genealogy • FamilySearch • FamilyTree DNA • FamNet • FIBIS (Families of British India Society) • Guild of One Name Studies • Memories In Time • Mentis and Family Tree Maker • MyHeritage • National Army Museum (Kippenberger Research Library) • New Zealand Society of Genealogists Inc. and English, Māori, Irish, Pacific Island and Scottish interest groups • NZDF Personnel Archives & Medals • Wales – New Zealand Family History Society •
Thank you to our sponsors. The Auckland Family History Expo would not be possible without the financial support of our fabulous sponsors:
Alexander Turnbull/National Library, AncestryAU, Auckland Council Libraries, FamilySearch, FamilyTree Maker, Genealogical Computing Group Genealogical Computing Group (a special interest group of NZ Society of Genealogists), MyHeritage, New Zealand Society of Genealogists, Puketāpapa Local Board – Auckland Council
Ancestry is a Platinum Sponsor of the Auckland Family History Expo and also the Christchurch Family History Expo that is being held on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 August in Tūranga Library, Christchurch