Flat out, and fast. That’s all there is to Mission Bay. You find your rev limiter and you hold on.
There is not an ounce of elevation in this course… but that doesn’t mean it’s boring.
In fact, the opposite, you will be on your toes on the bike course being nice and nimble among loads of other cyclists – not to mention the cheering from the sidelines, there is not another course in Auckland that is SO spectator friendly.
There are cafes and seats all around for your family to watch you kick the butt out of your triathlon PB’s on one of the fastest courses in NZ.
And don’t DARE think of leaving straight away, the Mission Bay promenade is the triathlete “mecca” for hanging out post-event and getting a coffee.
Suited to first-timers and people wanting to tick off a mega PB – this course has it all.
Distances on offer:
- Olympic Triathlon – The full distance 1.5km Swim – 40km Bike – 10km Run
- Sprint Triathlon – Sprint distance 500m Swim – 20km Bike – 5km Run
- Try-A-Triathlon – New to Triathlon? Then THIS is for you – 100m swim, 10km bike ride, and then a 2km run
- Olympic Duathlon – All the speed, none of the water… 40km Bike – 10km Run
- Sprint Duathlon – Sprint distance duathlon – 20km Bike – 5km Run
- Olympic Aquabike – Don’t like to run? We got ya – 1.5km Swim – 40km Bike
- Sprint Aquabike – Don’t like to run? We got ya – 500m Swim – 20km Bike