Opera in the Park at Glover Park, St Heliers has been moved to Saturday, 4 March due to bad weather.
Auckland Council celebrates 45 years of providing fantastic music in parks around the region. The series of free concerts started in the late seventies and has been entertaining Aucklanders during summer ever since.
This summer’s season kicks off with the sound of big band jazz returning to Auckland Domain’s band rotunda on Saturday 14 January 2023. Chill out to the smooth swing music performed by The Con Alma Big Band and Goldsmith Baynes.
A guaranteed summer highlight for opera fans, NZ Opera will explore what opera is in Aotearoa, celebrating and embracing our cultural diversity along the way. The curated evening will be the perfect way of enjoying Auckland Anniversary weekend.
Kiwi music legend Don McGlashan will anchor our hearts with the iconic Kiwi Anthems. Birds singing will be replaced with the tunes of Don’s solo career and his work with The Mutton Birds. Held at Lloyd Elsmore Park on Saturday 11 March, arranging something with your friends for an afternoon with Don and friends will leave you feeling happy.
But the season is more than these three events. Over sixty musical acts will perform across 17 events from Pukekohe in the south, through Helensville in the west to Snells Beach in the north.
Full details for all events, times and performers can be found on the Music in Parks webpage.
Supported by media partners iHeartRADIO and nzherald.co.nz. Thanks to Auckland City of Music.
- Saturday, 14 January - Auckland Domain Band Rotunda, Grafton
- Sunday, 15 January - River Reserve, Helensville
- Saturday, 21 January - Sunburst Reserve, Snells Beach
- Sunday, 22 January - Hobsonville Point Park, Hobsonville
- Saturday, 28 January - Glover Park, St Heliers (Opera in the Park) - Postponed until 4 March
- Sunday, 29 January - Bledisloe Park, Pukekohe
- Friday, 3 February - Blockhouse Bay Beach Reserve
- Saturday, 11 February - Albert Park, City Central
- Sunday, 12 February - Onepoto Domain, Northcote
- Saturday, 18 February - Te Pua / Keith Park, Weymouth
- Sunday, 19 February - Albany Lakes Civic Park, Albany
- Saturday, 4 March - Glover Park, St Heliers (Opera in the Park)
- Sunday, 5 March - Monte Cecilia Park, Hillsborough
- Saturday, 11 March - Lloyd Elsmore Park, Pakuranga (Kiwi Anthems)
- Sunday, 12 March - Te Pai Park, Henderson
- Saturday, 18 March –Waenganui /Allenby Park, Papatoetoe
- Sunday, 19 March - Boggust Park, Favona
- Sunday, 26 March - Pt Erin Reserve, Westhaven