Titirangi Theatre Acting Training Classes for Adults or Children, with tutor John Goudge.
- Term 1 – through theatre scenes, games & scripts, students develop their acting craft, & teamwork. Family and friends are invited to see their progress on the last night of term.
- Term 2 – Create improvised scenes in groups, learn how to think quick & be in the moment. Family and friends are invited to see a free improvised performance on the last night of term.
- Term 3 – developing & rehearsing for our PRODUCTION. Term ends with a dress rehearsal on 20 September and our public performances on 21 - 23 September.
As a tutor since 1995, hundreds of adults and children have been through John Goudge’s fun and effective courses at Titirangi Theatre and Rimu Glade Studio, his own drama and music studio in Oratia.
He is often invited into schools, theatres, and other institutions to run workshops, direct shows, or help with production. He has been an actor or director for Titirangi Theatre many times, including as director of Fawlty Towers and Shirley Valentine.
As a working actor, musician, theatre director, and events person, John has a well-rounded perspective on performance arts.
Here’s what others had to say about Titirangi Theatre's acting training courses:
- My daughter has been taking classes with John for about two and a half years. During that time, I have really seen her develop, not only in terms of her acting but also in her self-confidence. She has said to me that she finds the classes interesting and challenging. I believe her having the opportunity to meet those challenges has helped her be more outgoing in all areas of her life. In addition, the class has led to her creating new friends. Without hesitation, I would recommend this class to any young person.
- I have been lucky enough to do acting work with John Goudge over the last few years, and what a blessing that has been for me. John has a way to make you believe you can do great things no matter where your starting point is. You never feel overwhelmed or unable to believe you can be better, and you will always grow your talent when you are guided under these conditions.
- In his classes, John combines intelligence with deep understanding of human nature. He's got vast knowledge & expertise combined with decades of experience. On top of all that, what makes him an outstanding teacher, is his uncompromising love & passion for drama. John's drama classes are fun-filled, dynamic, innovative & appropriately challenging.