By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following terms and conditions:
1. The competition is for The Secret Life of Pets 2 movie bundle.
2. Everyone who completes their dog registration online between Tuesday 28 May 00:00 and Sunday 23 June 23:59 will be entered in the competition. Online registration renewals made after this time will not take part.
3. The competition is open to Auckland residents aged 16 years and over.
4. The Competition will consist of three rounds:
- Round 1: Registration renewals from Tuesday 28 May – Sunday 2 June (last entry accepted at 23:59)
- Round 2: Registration renewals from Tuesday 28 May – Sunday 16 June (last entry accepted at 23:59)
- Round 3: Registration renewals from Tuesday 28 May – Sunday 23 June (last entry accepted at 23:59).
5. Entrants who are not selected as the winner of a round, will enter the draw again for the subsequent round(s).
B. Entries, selection and prize draw
6. A competition winner will be announced between 08:00am - 12:00pm on the following dates:
- Winner for Round 1: Monday 3 June - Cherie, West Auckland
- Winner for Round 2: Monday 17 June
- Winner for Round 3: Monday 24 June
7. The winner will be announced on the OurAuckland competition page, using only a first name and area of residence, e.g. Zach, Central Auckland.
8. The Competition winner will be contacted by email.
9. If winners do not reply to the email within three working days, they will be contacted via text. If there is no reply to the text within three working days, they will be contacted by phone.
10. If the winner still cannot be reached after two weeks from the draw, council will draw an extra winner for the following round. If there are no more rounds left, a new winner will be redrawn and the Our Auckland competition page will be updated with the new winner.
11. Auckland Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The prize for each of the three winners is:
- 2x movie tickets to The Secret Life of Pets 2
- a prize pack containing a tote bag, activity roll, Max (the dog) charm, play tunnel, pet dress up, pet bow tie, and pet bandana
13. The movie tickets can be used at any participating cinema in NZ (Hoyts, Event, Reading) from the June 20 movie release date. Contest winners will also be subject to the participating cinema’s terms and conditions when using the movie tickets.
14. The prize does not include any costs for transferring the prize to the winner.
15. The prize is not redeemable for cash, not transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
16. If the prize or part of the prize becomes unavailable for any reason, council reserves the right to cancel or amend the prize at its own and sole discretion. This includes providing a winner with a substitute prize, either in full or in part, at the same, higher or less value.
17. Winners consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the competition.
18. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
19. The following persons are not eligible to win any prize:
- a. anyone under the age of 16 at the time of entering the competition;
- b. anyone not a resident of Auckland, New Zealand at the time of the prize draw;
- c. anyone who works for Auckland Council or any of the Auckland Council-controlled organisations, their immediate family members or any agencies or companies associated with the competition.
20. Council reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition at its sole discretion. Council also reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to an entrant who is in breach of these terms and conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating or won the prize by using fraudulent means.
21. Council will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any entrant or the competition winner as a result of, or in connection with, the competition or due to the prize won in the competition.
22. Council reserves the right to amend or change these terms and conditions at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the competition.
23. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.