By entering this Competition, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and accepted the following general Terms and Conditions.
Competitions and Giveaways
- Competition and Giveaway prizes are given to a number of entrants selected by random draw (unless otherwise stated).
- Entries received after a specified closing date will not be accepted. Proof of posting or emailing cannot be accepted as proof of delivery.
- Every entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete. Auckland Council reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who does not comply with these terms and conditions.
- Competitions and Giveaways are open to Auckland residents, aged 18 years and over, unless otherwise stated.
Entries, selection, prizes
- All reasonable attempts will be made to contact Competition and Giveaway winners using details provided on their entry forms or directly on Instagram via direct message or comments on the photo submitted. Should those attempts fail, another winner will be drawn or selected.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash, transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- If a prize or part of a prize becomes unavailable (for any reason), Auckland Council reserves the right to limit entry, cancel or amend the prizes at its own and sole discretion, including providing the winner with a substitute prize, either in full or in part.
- Winners will be notified in advance if prizes are sent by courier. Couriers are instructed to have all prizes signed for on receipt. Failure to obtain a signature will result in the prize being returned to Auckland Council and another winner may be drawn/selected.
- Auckland Council’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering the competition, you allow Auckland Council to use your photo(s) across their social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and Twitter) and websites (OurAuckland and main council’s website) for promotional purposes. All photos used on other channels will be credited to their author.
- All entrants consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Competition or Giveaway. If stated, entrants also agree to receiving the OurAuckland email newsletter (which can be unsubscribed from at any time).
- Entry forms will not be returned. All information provided by the entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their information and request for any personal information to be corrected.
- The following persons are not eligible to win any prize:
- Anyone under the age of 18 at the time of entering the Competition or Giveaway (unless otherwise stated).
- Anyone not resident of Auckland at the time of the prize draw.
- Anyone who works for Auckland Council or any Council-controlled organisations, their immediate family members or any agencies or companies associated with the Competition or Giveaway.
- Auckland Council reserves the right to exclude any entrant from participating at its sole discretion. Auckland Council also reserves the right to refuse to award a prize to an entrant who is in breach of these Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating or won by using fraudulent means.
- Auckland Council will not be liable for any loss, damage, costs (for instance incurred in accepting or redeeming a prize) or any injury whatsoever suffered by an entrant as a result of or in connection with the Competition or Giveaway, including any inability to enter, complete or continue the competition or giveaway due to equipment or technical malfunction.
- Auckland Council reserves the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Competition or Giveaway.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand Courts.