Upper Harbour Local Board is inviting expressions of interest from community organisations to manage and provide services from the Headquarters building (214 Buckley Avenue) and the Sunderland Lounge (Marine Parade) at Hobsonville Point.
Auckland Council’s community centres aim to provide opportunities for social interaction, arts and recreation, events, learning programmes and interest-based activities.
Both facilities have various types of spaces available that can be booked via the Auckland Council website, with staff available on site to assist with bookings and inquiries.
Upper Harbour Local Board Chair Margaret Miles says the recently refurbished facilities are vital to a fast-growing Hobsonville community.
“The area is rapidly growing and changing, with more and more people settling there and calling it home every week.”
“We require energetic and experienced hands that can connect with the community to facilitate the delivery of attractive services and programmes that meet the community’s needs.”
“We want applicants with strong management skills who are able to connect with people of all walks of life, who are passionate about making these facilities attractive and accessible to all in the community,” she says.
To be eligible, you need to be either a charity or an incorporated society and be able to arrange suitable public liability cover.
The successful applicant will need to explain or demonstrate how they will go about achieving the following:
- providing easy and affordable access to a safe and welcoming venue
- enable and co-ordinate a wide range of activities that cater to a diverse growing community
- locally manage and provide inclusive spaces that are open and can adapt to the changing community at Hobsonville Point
- make the Headquarters and Sunderland Lounge the heart of the community, offering opportunities for placemaking, events and other community empowerment activities in and around the facilities
- provide services that align to Upper Harbour Local Board aspirations and outcomes as outlined in their 2017 local board plan.
Expression of interest packs will be available from 1 February 2019. They will include application details, an application form, eligibility criteria and a copy of the current Upper Harbour Local Board Plan.