The Māngere-Ōtāhuhu Local Board is reminding people to book ahead and lock-in their game time on local sports fields.
Local Board Member Nick Bakulich says that, to avoid disappointment, people should be booking field space all year round by calling 09 301 0101 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Locals are really making use of our sports fields in Mangere and Otahuhu, and it’s only going to ramp up toward summer. We’re encouraging people to book space in advance so they don’t miss out,” says Mr Bakulich.
“Booking field spaces is free of charge and secures your right to play on them. An easy phone call or email can save a whole lot of disappointment.”
Sports fields in Mangere and Otahuhu available for the public to use with advanced bookings:
- Centre Park (five soccer fields and two training fields)
- Rugby field at DB Park (one rugby field)
- House Park (training fields, two league fields, a junior and senior soccer field)
- Mangere Domain (two soccer fields)
- Miami Street Reserve (two training fields)
- Moyle Park (three league fields)
- Murphy Park (two mini-league fields)
- Norana Park (two rugby fields)
- Otahuhu College (three rugby fields)
- Seaside Park (five soccer fields)
- Sturges Park (rugby field)
- Swanson Park (training field)
- Walter Massey Park (three league, three soccer, and one training field)
- Williams Park (two rugby fields and one training field).