Auckland Council’s five-year milestone is an opportunity to reflect on the achievements of Kaipātiki Local Board over this time.
“There have been some significant wins notched up across Kaipātiki in the first five years of Auckland Council,” says Local Board Chair Kay McIntyre.
“Many of our parks, sports and recreational facilities have benefitted from upgrades that have made them more accessible and usable by more people in our community.
"Glenfield Pool and Leisure Centre has had major works undertaken improving the pool user experience, while Shepherds Park and Beach Haven Sports Centre have had their courts and sports fields upgraded to allow them to be used by more people, more often, and by a wider range of sporting codes.
“We are extremely proud of growth in place-making activities taking place across Kaipātiki, and in our partnership agreement with the Kaipātiki Community Facilities Trust, which delivers valuable services and events in an effective and cost-efficient manner.
“Construction of the new ferry landing and commencement of services at Beach Haven has been a real game changer for residents living there. Similarly, I am pleased to see important town centre improvement projects now underway in Birkenhead.
“Looking to the future, we hope to see more sustainable transport options delivered for local residents, including construction of the very exciting Skypath project.
"We are focused on getting the right design for a community campus at 136 Birkdale Road, and seeing Marlborough Park Hall transition into a successful youth-focused centre for our area’s young people.”
- Beach Haven ferry services
- upgrade of Glenfield Leisure Centre and Pool
- upgrade of Beach Haven Sports Centre and Shepherds Park sports fields
- Beach Haven village placemaking project
- learn-to-ride facility for children in Lynn Reserve and Onepoto Domain
- acquisition of 136 Birkdale Rd for community centre development
- partnership agreement between Kaipātiki Local Board and Kaipātiki Community Facilities Trust
- purchase of 15 Chartwell Ave for Kaipātiki Community Facilities Trust
- de-silting and cleaning of Onepoto pond
- development of the Kaipātiki Economic Development Action Plan
- construction of Glendhu Road footbridge
- increased growth in place-making activities across Kaipātiki.