The list of the most popular books at Auckland Libraries has been announced.
Lee Child’s Jack Reacher series remains hugely popular with members making up two entries in the top three.
Eleanor Catton’s Booker Prize winning novel The Luminaries flies the flag for literary fiction at number four.
It seems crime does pay - at least for writers of fiction with The Girl on the Train and The Burning Room both making the top 10.
Young adult readers have made sure the dystopias of Divergent and The Maze Runner featured.
While the ninth book in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series and The Karate Mouse, one of the Geronimo Stilton titles have been favourites with the kids.
But the most in demand book at libraries this year was John Green’s story of two teens who find love after meeting at a support group for cancer patients.
The number in brackets indicates number of times a title was borrowed or renewed.
1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (3006)
2. Personal by Lee Child (2776)
3. Never Go Back by Lee Child (2647)
4. The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton (2470)
5. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (2365)
6. Divergent by Veronica Roth (2310)
7. Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul by Jeff Kinney (2215)
8. The Karate Mouse by Geronimo Stilton (2161)
9. The Burning Room by Michael Connelly (2037)
10. The Maze Runner by James Dashner (2020)