Auckland Council has submitted a memo to the Auckland Unitary Plan Independent Hearings Panel (IHP) following last week’s (24 February) Governing Body resolutions. This is now available on the IHP website. Download the PDF.
- Confirms that the council no longer supports Residential Out of Scope changes proposed in the evidence filed on the council’s behalf
- Seeks leave to withdraw all parts of evidence filed on its behalf that relate to Residential Out of Scope changes
- Seeks guidance from the panel on matters relating to the participation of expert witnesses – acknowledging that the council’s withdrawal of parts of its evidence raises issues about the participation of these witnesses.
- Hearings on rezoning and precincts start on Thursday 3 March, and will last for two months
- Zoning maps reflecting the Governing Body resolutions will be available prior to these hearings on the Independent Hearing Panel and Auckland Council websites
- The Auckland Development Committee will be provided with an update and the Governing Body zoning maps at its meeting on 10 March
- The Independent Hearings Panel will hear evidence on residential zoning from the other 990 non-council submitters. It will consider over 4,000 written submissions and then make recommendations on what changes should be made to the Unitary Plan in July 2016
- Auckland Council will make decisions on these recommendation in August 2016.