Playgrounds, community halls and environmental projects will all benefit from the Rodney Local Board’s latest grant round.
In September the Rodney Local Board approved grants of $127,264 which will assist 29 groups deliver projects and events in the Rodney Local Board area.
Grants are allocated to support arts and culture, community development, environment and natural heritage, historical heritage, events and sport and recreation projects.
Importantly priorities for funding are aligned to the local board outcomes and priorities set out in the Rodney Local Board Plan.
Just over $119,000 was awarded from local grants.
(Each group listed below was awarded a $10,000 local grant):
- Waimauku Lions to build the Waimauku Playground
- Matakana Hall Society Incorporated for insurance and a heat pump
- Snells Beach Ratepayer and Residents Association for a basketball hoop, concrete half court and a soft fall surface
- The Forrest Bridge Trust to purchase traps for the CatchIT schools programme
- Leigh Tennis Club to install an artificial playing surface and fencing repairs
- Kaukapakapa Residents and Ratepayers Association for consents and earthworks for a new playground.
Christmas parades and other events funded include the Warkworth Santa Parade, Wellsford Santa Parade, Helensville Christmas Parade, Pasifika Festival 2016, Kaipara Classic Car Show and Shine, and Music in Gardens.
Quick Response Grants were awarded to:
- Muriwai Arts Incorporated – $745
- Art Centre Helensville – $827
- Pakiri Tennis Club – $1,500
Apply for a Quick Response Grant
If you have an idea for a project, activity or event that positively impacts your community, you can apply for a grant to help fund your initiative.
Applications for round two of the Rodney Local Board Quick Response Grants are open until 17 October 2016. Applicants complete an online application and apply for a grant amount between $200 and $2000.
Information on all grants including application dates and criteria are available at aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/funding, or call 09 301 0101 and ask to speak to a grants advisor. Grants are only searchable and active on the website once the grant round has opened.