How to find the best people for your renovations

Make sure your tradies are licensed

Publish Date : 24 Feb 2017

Thinking about remodelling the bathroom? Extending the kitchen?

Making sure you get good advice and a good tradesperson to do the work is so important – it will ensure the job is done safely, meets the building code and your insurance remains valid.

Auckland Council’s Director Regulatory Services, Penny Pirrit, says ensuring you are using a qualified practitioner to do restricted building work, like plumbing and gasfitting, will give you peace of mind.

“The Plumbing, Gasfitters and Drainlayers Board licences qualified tradespeople, and they have a New Zealand Practicing Licence to show they are qualified to do the work.

“Always make sure that you’re hiring a qualified person, ask to see their ID and ask for references for previous jobs they’ve completed.”

Find out more about hiring a qualified plumber, gasfitter or drainlayer.

Back to News