An unmissable line-up of eight local street performers who have entertained across the globe, from Edinburgh to the Middle East, will hit our newest spaces along the waterfront and Viaduct Basin over Anniversary Weekend.
It's all part of the Auckland International Buskers Festival 2021, Friday 29 Jan – Monday 1 Feb 2021.
The very best street performers will show off their impressive skills throughout the weekend, with energetic displays of Mexican wrestling, hula-hoops, contortion, fire stunts, magical illusions, acrobatics and so much more!
The eight acts across four days are:
- Basketball Jones – Spinning and juggling basketballs, playing with fire atop a ten foot unicycle; Basketball Jones has mesmerised audiences in over twenty countries.
- Bexly Hoops – Whimsically endearing and charming, Bexly’s skills with a hula hoop must be seen to be believed! A combination of dance, contortion, comedy and plenty of hooping.
- El Jaguar – New Zealand’s best, and only, masked Mexican wrestler brings his electrifying, interactive, comedy street show to Auckland audiences.
- The Vinyl Burns Rock ‘n Roll Circus – A world-class juggling act and wry, self-deprecating magical illusions combined with physical comedy with live rock-guitar anthems and a high altitude '80s hair-rock singalong.
- Tripp Hazzard – Tripp Hazzard is an internationally renowned acrobat, entertainer and ringmaster, keeping alive the magic of circus.
- Mulletman & Mim – This mighty duo will show off their many years of experience with acrobatics, juggling, contortion and a whole lotta cheek!
- Mr Penguin – A high energy and madcap ride packed full of ridiculous moments, incredible juggling feats, including ice axes and a leaf blower, and plenty of hilarious audience interaction.
- Sailor Paz – Pascal is an accomplished performer and acrobat originally hailing from Switzerland, whose many talents include aerial rope and straps, acrobatics, fire eating, unicycling and axe throwing.
The perfect accompaniment to the yacht races on the harbour. Get together with your friends and family and head to Auckland’s waterfront for astounding performances.
Venues include our exciting new city spaces - Te Komititanga, the new square between Commercial Bay and Britomart, and Silo Park extension.
Make sure to bring sunblock, a hat and cash for the performers.
Shows start from midday. The full performance schedule with locations is available at aucklandbuskersfestival.co.nz
The festival is proudly supported by Auckland Council, Waitematā Local Board and Panuku Development Auckland.