Gather the whānau and bring along your gardening gear.
Both Waiheke Resources Trust and Onetangi Beach Ratepayers Association are hosting community planting days over the next couple of months, with support from Waiheke Local Board and various other organisations.
“Planting days are a great way to get to know people,” says Waiheke Local Board chairperson Cath Handley.
“They also help restore our waterways, mitigate climate change, and enhance our ecosystems. They are the ultimate win-win.”
Resources Trust & Sustainability Centre’s “Love Our Wetlands Waiheke” Community Planting Days:
- Sunday 26 June, 10am - 12.30pm at Owhanake Wetland
- Sunday 24 July, 10am – 12.30pm at Rangihoua Wetland (meet at Onetangi Sports Park's carpark)
- Sunday 14 August, 10am – 12.30pm, Location TBC
For more information please call 09 372 2915 or email email@example.com
Onetangi Beach Community Planting Day:
- Sunday 10 July, 9:30am at Onetangi Beach (meet outside Charlie Farleys)
For more information please contact Alastair on 021 716 354
What to bring
- Full water bottle
What to wear
- Comfortable work or walking boots that will protect your feet and ankles
- Long trousers and long-sleeved shirts
- Rain jacket
- Wide-brimmed hat
Resources Trust & Sustainability Centre will provide some kai afterwards too, but bringing snacks is still recommended.
Charlie Farleys will provide a free hot drink for participants at the Onetangi Beach Planting Day.