Twenty local applications were received for Manurewa Local Board’s latest grant round, requesting a total amount of $95,605.52.
Eighteen applications were approved, to a total of $62,283.67.
Manurewa Local Board Chair Joseph Allan says it is always a pleasure to help organisations that do so much within the community.
“On the list of successful applicants are groups as diverse as local playcentres, Plunket’s car seat scheme, sports and community groups operating with our seniors and young people.
“Manurewa is a better place for those groups and the volunteers that put so much into the community, and we are proud to stand with them.”
- Weymouth Residents and Ratepayers, newsletter costs
- Blue Light Ventures, Rainbow’s End fun days
- Auckland Basketball Services, coaching costs
- Auckland Seniors Support, venue hire and tutor fees
- Manurewa Business Association, mural beautification
- Youthline, volunteer counsellors
- IMAgEN8, workshop educator fees at nature reserves
- Andrew Jones, Manu Tukutuku workshops
- SoulStep Display Marching, van hire
- Helping Paws, kitten food and kitty litter
- Weymouth Playcentre, games, science and sensory resources
- Plunket, car and booster seats
- Te Whakaora Tangata, graduation services
- Mountains to Sea Trust, Manurewa kayak day
- Manurewa Croquet Club, lawn mowing
- All Seasons Community Sports Trust, plastic chairs
- 2021 Softball Limited, kit bags and bus transportation
- Counties Manukau Touch, venue hire.
The next grants round is open for applications on 10 October. Details are here.
Want to stay up to date with all the latest news from your area? Sign up for our Manurewa Local Board E-news and get it delivered to your inbox each month.