More than $41,000 funding was recently allocated to 25 local groups.
At the April business meeting, the Albert-Eden Local Board approved 25 applications towards a range of costs for arts and culture, community, sport and recreation initiatives and projects in the area.
Albert-Eden Local Board Chair, Margi Watson is rapt with the funding round. “We’re really pleased to be able to support as many groups as we can so they can continue to do amazing work for our community,” Chair Watson says.
Applications for Albert-Eden Local Board grant funding reached almost $230,000 in total with the latest grant rounds. With that figure far exceeding the available budget, some applications were declined, and others were only partly funded.
Successful applicants include Garden to Table, a charitable trust empowering kids to grow, harvest, prepare, and share great food; Deaf Action New Zealand who work to promote and encourage sign language; and Learning At The Point, a community kindergarten in Pt Chevalier to run local events.
The following entities will receive funding:
- Access Community Radio Auckland
- Age Concern Auckland
- Bellyful New Zealand Trust
- Body Positive
- Deaf Action New Zealand
- Eden Arts: Maungawhau Mount Eden Community Arts Trust
- Garden to Table Trust
- Gribblehirst Community Hub Trust
- Island Base Trust
- Kahui Tu Kaha
- Learning At The Point Community Kindergarten
- Mobility Assistance Dogs Trust
- Mt Albert Tennis Club
- Naad Charitable Trust
- New Zealand Eid Day Trust
- OutLine New Zealand
- Pet Refuge New Zealand Charitable Trust
- PHAB Association Inc Contracts
- Pt Chevalier Croquet Club
- Rest Assured Respite Charitable Trust
- Shager Ethiopian Entertainment NZ (SEENZ)
- The Auckland Table Tennis Association
- The Massive Company Trust
- The Upside Downs Education Trust
- YMCA North.
Details of the local grant round two and multi-board grant round two 2022/2023 are available here.
Stay up to date by signing up for your Albert-Eden Local E-news here.