In the latest funding round, 16 successful applicants will receive funding from Albert-Eden local grants.
More than $175,000 of funding requests were made to the Albert-Eden Local Board, with a total $47,100 awarded to eligible projects that align with the board’s objectives and priorities.
Albert-Eden Local Board Chair, Margi Watson says,
“There are plenty of community groups we love to help and so we try to make our funds go as far as it can.
“It’s really important to us that these groups get the help they need so they can continue to help many others in the community that we can’t always reach.”
Projects to receive funds from this round are focused in arts and culture, community and environment, covering costs for activities and events that have an impact in the Albert-Eden area.
“These grant rounds tend to be oversubscribed, so if you didn’t get in this round, we encourage you try again in the next round which opens in January 2024,” says Chair Watson.
Highly eligible projects prioritised for funding are those that demonstrate and promote zero-waste and low-carbon messages; are inclusive and support under-represented members of the community; or provide Māori outcomes.
Local grants are generally available once or twice a year and applicants in Albert-Eden can apply for up to $8,000.
The following organisations were awarded funding in Albert-Eden Local Grant 2023/2024 round one:
- Action Education Incorporated
- Afghan Family Services Charity New Zealand
- Anxiety New Zealand Trust
- Auckland Bonsai/Penjing Art Centre Trust
- Auckland Sexual Abuse Help Foundation Charitable Trust
- Hindu Council of New Zealand Incorporated
- Maori Women's Welfare League Incorporated - Te Ropu Wahine Maori Toko I Te Ora
- Maungawhau Playcentre
- Mobility Assistance Dogs Trust
- Mountains To Sea Conservation Trust
- ReCreators Charitable Trust
- The Auckland Irish Society Incorporated
- The Brain Injury Association (Auckland) Incorporated
- The Community Collective
- The Greek Community and Orthodox Parish of Auckland and Districts
- The Massive Company Trust.
The full list of grant applicants is available here.
More information about grant funding and how to apply here.