This public consultation has been extended until Monday 22 October, 2018
Over four weeks (11 September – 8 October), Maungakiekie-Tāmaki Local Board has been doing a range of input-seeking activities to collect public feedback on the Draft Tāmaki Open Space Network Plan.
“We are listening to what the community thinks about the plan as an overall guide to improving the quality and usability of green space, parks and sports fields across Tāmaki,” says local board chair Chris Makoare.
The key moves that drive the plan are:
- Improve open space quality
- Provide for planned and informal recreation
- Improve safety and surveillance
- Reaffirm and revitalize mana whenua identity
- Improve biodiversity and water quality
- Improve connectivity
“There is an element of land exchange discussion in the document, but as this is one of many opportunities to discuss the land exchange proposals, I hope that at this stage the draft document is viewed in its potential effectiveness to meet the key moves overall.”
Give your feedback
Feedback will help rationalise outcomes and create a plan which will assist the local board to prioritise spending on parks and open space. Projects will be prioritised through local board plans, long-term plan, and annual plan processes.
- Tuesday 11 September: Drop-in session from 1pm-4pm. Local Board office 7-13 Pilkington Road, Panmure.
- Thursday 13 September: Public meeting from 6.30pm-8pm. Te Oro 98 Line Road, Glen Innes.
- Wednesday 19 September: Public meeting from 6.30pm-8pm. Panmure Community Hall. 7-13 Pilkington Road, Panmure.
Sunday 23 September: Public meeting 8am-11am. Ōrākei Local Board members and council staff. Auckland Eastern Market, Auckland Netball Centre, 7 Allison Ferguson Drive, St Johns
Consultation on the Draft Tāmaki Open Space Network Plan runs from 11 September to 8 October 2018.
Provide your feedback and view the full plan and the document summary here.
Feedback will also be collected directly by the local board at email@example.com and at the public meetings listed above.