1. Can I bring my dog?
Visit the Auckland Council website to find out which parks allow dogs.
If you intend to bring your dog, please ensure they are:
- kept on a leash
- comfortable with crowds and children
- removed from the event if they become excitable.
2. Will there be food available to buy?
You're welcome to bring a picnic, but food vendors will be on site with savoury and sweet items for sale before the film starts.
3. What happens if it's raining?
A weather call will be made by the organisers closer to event date or on event day. Check back here or follow us on the Movies in Parks Facebook page for the latest event cancellations or update notifications.
4. Can I bring alcohol?
No. Movies in Parks events are alcohol-free.
5. Do I need to buy tickets for this event?
Movies in Parks events are FREE. Bring family and friends!
6. Can I smoke at the event?
No. Movies in Parks events are smoke-free. This includes vaping.
7. Why does the movie start so late?
Like cinemas, it needs to be dark for the projected film to be seen on the big screen.
8. What do you mean by pre-entertainment?
Pre-entertainment commences approximately 2 hours before the movie starts. Various activities will be on offer while you wait for the movie to start. Food vendors will also be on site with savoury and sweet items for sale.
9. I can't find a movie in my area, how can I change that?
Movies in Parks events and locations are determined by your local board. If you'd like to see one in your area, please contact your local board office.