The orchards, wineries and a passion for being eco-friendly are just some of the reasons to love Henderson-Massey.
The local board area is also a great place to enjoy the arts and cultural facilities, with the Corban Estate Arts Centre, a must-see destination, and many wonderful parks.
“Our closely knit communities and great options to enjoy the outdoors are what make Henderson- Massey a great place to live,” says Henderson-Massey Local Board Chair Vanessa Neeson.
Recently the local board has completed a number of projects in the area, including constructing the new Ranui Library, organising Snow in the Park, rebuilding Ranui Community House, and renovating Te Atatu South Community Centre and the Massey Community House.
Following the opening of the NorthWest Shopping Centre in October 2015, developments on the way include the new Westgate town centre, incorporating a new town square and a 3,500 sqm multi-purpose, state-of-the-art hub, combining a library and community centre. Construction is expected to start in 2016.
“There are lots of things to look forward to as well - in December a dog agility park will open at Corban Reserve. Royal Road Reserve is about to be upgraded and work on Te Rangi Hiroa Youth Destination Park is happening now,” says Vanessa.
Great things to do in Henderson-Massey:
- Ever heard of frisbee golf? Well now you can play it in Henderson Park, 41A Wilsher Crescent
- Enjoy our great annual events including Snow in the Park in Massey, Kite Day on Te Atatu Peninsula and the Henderson Christmas Festival – a family-focused street party
- Kids will love the awesome playground in Tui Glen Reserve on Claude Brookes Drive, Henderson, with its pyramid towers, eagle’s nest, dual flying fox and tree hut
- Enjoy stunning harbour views on the Te Atatu Peninsula walkway, or take in the panoramas and fresh sea air on other west walks
- Stop by the historic buildings of the Corban Estate Arts Centre and check out the exhibitions, classes and gifts
- Visit the spacious new Te Atatu Peninsula Community Centre and Library, and relax with a book on the shaded veranda.
Henderson-Massey includes: Te Atatu Peninsula, West Harbour, Westgate, Ranui, Massey, Henderson and Glendene.
Henderson-Massey population: 107,685 or eight per cent of Aucklanders (2013 census).