The City Rail Link is the top transport priority for Auckland
- Auckland will grow by more than 700,000 people in the next 30 years. The CRL, coupled with bus improvements, is the only way to keep Auckland moving.
- Current public transport will be unable to cater for this growth, hindering economic development.
The CRL will have benefits for all of the region
- The CRL will mean more frequent trains with more direct services to the city centre.
- It will allow 30,000 people an hour to travel during peak times.
- It will mean that, on average, more than one train every 10 minutes at peak will depart from most Auckland stations.