Grants have been approved to assist 36 community groups deliver local projects and events in the Hibiscus and Bays Local Board area.
In September, the Hibiscus and Bays Local Board approved grants totalling $144,058.20.
Grants are allocated to support arts and culture, community development, environment and natural heritage, historical heritage, events, and sport and recreation projects.
Priorities for funding are aligned to the local board outcomes and priorities set out in the Hibiscus and Bays Local Board Plan.
In September, nearly $94,000 was awarded from Local Grants towards:
- running the 2017 Rotary Soap Box Derby – The Charitable Trust of the Rotary club of Whangaparaoa – $10,000
- resurfacing six courts at Edith Hopper Park – Whangaparaoa Tennis Club – $10,000
- installing bike and pump track (open for public use) – Whangaparaoa School – $7000
- events namely Orewa Christmas at the Beach, Memories of Mairangi, 2017 Food and Wine Festival, Boulevard Arts Fiesta, Boulevard of Buskers Festival, Orewa Beach Sand Castle Competition, Orewa Beach Series and 2017 Hibiscus Coast Sanitarium Weetbix Kids Tryathlon.
Just over $35,000 was awarded to multi-board applicants towards:
- the Browns Bay Sporting Hub Feasibility study – Browns Bay Bowling Club Incorporated – $18,000
- carpet replacement at the Forest Hill centre – Badminton North Harbour Incorporated – $6171.
Almost $15,000 was awarded from Quick Response Grants to groups including:
• Equestrian 4 Everyone – $2000
• Hibiscus Coast Writers Incorporated – $2000
• Hibiscus Coast Cricket Club – $2000
Apply for a Quick Response Grant
If you have an idea for a project, activity or event that positively impacts your community, you can apply for a grant to help fund your initiative.
Applications for round two Quick Response Grants are open until 14 October 2016. Applicants complete an online application and apply for a grant amount between $200 and $2000.
Information on all grants including application dates and criteria are available at aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/funding, or call 09 301 0101 and ask to speak to a grants advisor. Grants are only searchable and active on the website once the grant round has opened.