Updated Monday 10 Feb, 4pm
A fire in a KiwiRail signalling box at Newmarket is continuing to affect some train services this afternoon.
KiwiRail advises repairs to the train signalling cabinet are likely to take the rest of the day.
The following are your travel options this afternoon:
All stations serviced (including Newmarket) with a scheduled 10 minute frequency
All stations serviced, but on a reduced frequency of 20 minutes.
Britomart departures on Eastern Line – 15:46, 16:06, 16:26, 16:46 etc
Southern Line - UPDATED
Southern Line running along Eastern Line between Britomart and Otahuhu will stop at all stations, and will not operate as an express service.
Britomart departures on Southern Line – 16:10, 16:30, 16:50, etc
- Britomart to Newmarket Station, use the Western Line
- Britomart to Parnell Station, use the Western Line
- Britomart to Remuera Station, use bus route 70 from 50 Customs St East by Britomart Place to Great South Road by Market Road, Remuera (4 minute walk to station)
- Britomart to Greenlane Station, use bus route 70 from 50 Customs St East to outside Greenlane McDonalds (5 minute walk to station)
- Britomart to Ellerslie Station, use bus route 70 from 50 Customs St East to Ellerslie shops (2 minute walk to station)
- Britomart to Penrose Station, use the Eastern/Southern line to Otahuhu Station, then transfer onto a train shuttle to Penrose
Service will only run between Onehunga and Penrose
Another option if you’re going to Onehunga is the 30 bus which runs on a 10 minute frequency from the Civic on Queen St.
Auckland Transport would like to thank people for their patience and you should monitor AT social media for the latest updates.