Hibiscus and Bays Local Board has approved the design for a new playground at Hatfields Beach.
The playground is in Beachwood Drive, caters for local children and is designed to make the most of a narrow and elongated site.
Hibiscus and Bays Local Board Chair Julia Parfitt says that local feedback helped shape the playground’s location and equipment choice.
"The design has a good mix of play and social areas. A feature are the large circles that link the playground’s centre to the adjoining play areas. A great spot for scooters and learner riders will be a circular path that links all the paths.”
The playground caters for different ages and features:
- a spinning rope climber and monkey bars
- various swings, an in-ground trampoline, a junior slide
- spinning spheres
- scooter paths connecting to a circular path
- a mix of trees and shade sails for shade
- bollards for play and to sit on.
Construction is planned for early summer to avoid weather delays. The concept design can be found on the council website (see item 13).