A monthly opportunity for open conversation with board members, the ward councillor and our community about local issues or local board decisions. This is also an opportunity to engage at a higher, more strategic level as well as provide a platform for community-led projects to have an opportunity to share their aspirations and outcomes with the local board.
When and where they are held
We hold community forums on the second Wednesday of every month from 5:30-7pm at:
Waiheke Local Board boardroom, 10 Belgium Street, Ostend, Waiheke
You can attend in person or online. Email WaihekeLocalBoard@aucklandcouncil.govt.nz to request a link to attend online.
Who can speak at a community forum
Anyone can speak to the local board at a community forum as long as the matter relates to a function of the Waiheke Local Board. The forum also provides an opportunity to provide feedback on workshop agenda items (see below).
The board is responsible for:
- local council services and facilities (parks, library and community facilities)
- listening to your views on issues of regional significance (transport, rates, or planning) and advocating
- the governing body on these issues.
A speaker may not speak about a matter that:
- has already been considered and decided
- has a separate public hearings or consultation process attached to it
- is subject to a quasi-judicial process
- is outside of the scope or functions of that local board or committee.
How long you can speak for
The board allocates one hour for the public to speak to elected members during this forum. Each speaker has 15 minutes, including time for questions from the board members.
A separate open question and answer session will be held after the forum.
Email WaihekeLocalBoard@AucklandCouncil.govt.nz in advance to let us know if you want to speak at a community forum.